There are a variety of ways to melt wax and soap bases. Let’s take you through each one…
Cosy Owl Double Boiler:
- Fill the double boiler with water half way (225ml)
- Place on a hob at a medium heat
- Add soap base or wax into the boiler and gently stir until fully melted
- Do not boil the water inside the boiler, warm through only
- Avoid water contaminating the wax or soap base
- Use a thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature of the ingredients
Creating A Double Boiler With A Pan And Jug:
This method is similar to melting chocolate.
- Fill a pan half way with water
- Place it onto a hob at a medium temperature
- Add wax or soap to a jug and place this inside the pan
- Do not boil the water or contaminate the ingredients inside the boiler
- Keep an eye on the temperature to make sure you are not over-heating your ingredients. Each wax will vary in which temperature you can heat them to. —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
We do not recommend heating wax in a microwave, however our melt and pour soap bases can be melted using this method.
- Cut the soap base into small chunks
- Place the chunks into a microwavable container or jug (You can cover the container with clingfilm to help keep in the moisture while heating)
- Microwave the soap for 30 second bursts until it is fully melted
- Use a thermometer to check on the temperature, it oil best not to exceed 65c
Want to read more frequently asked craft questions? Discover our FAQ page.
Follow us on social media and tag us in your creations. We love to see what you have been making!
Leave A Comment