Welcome to Cosy Owl. Cosy Owl maintains this site (the “Site”) for your personal use, providing information regarding our products and services. Cosy Owl respects the privacy concerns of the users of the Site and has created this privacy statement to explain what information we gather from your visit to the Site, and how such information may be used. Cosy Owl is registered under the General Data Protection Regulations which came into force in May 2018.
Collection & Use of Information
As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, telephone number(s) or email address, is requested by or collected on this Site. However, if you choose to purchase goods or create an account on this Site you will be asked to provide us with certain personally identifiable information such as your name, home or mailing address, telephone number(s) or email address. Personally identifiable information will not be sold and will not be given to any third parties without your consent. For legal reasons, we store the contract’s content relating to the sale of goods and will send you the details of your order as well as our general terms via email. You can find the terms of sale on the Site. The details about your recent orders can be found in your customer login or by contacting us by other means. Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through the Site to you, for billing and order fulfilment. Additionally, for customers opting in to the newsletter service offered, your information such as your email address will be used by Cosy Owl only for marketing purposes to keep you informed of any offers or deals that you may be interested in. Note, you must voluntarily opt in as this option is not defaulted to your opting in. We never pass your details on to third parties, except where required for order fulfilment purposes, for example when a courier company requires your name, address and sometimes telephone number in order to deliver goods you have ordered from us. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more details as to what information is stored by us and/or if you would like us to delete your information from our system. Information relating directly to sales orders cannot be deleted as these orders are required by the company to be kept for legal accounting reasons (for a period of 7 years). Please allow up to five working days for information to be deleted (although this normally can be done sooner). You have the legal right to get a copy of all the information Cosy Owl holds about you – a charge of £10.00 may be made to cover administrative costs associated with gathering and sending this information to you. If you have a complaint regarding our holding and processing of information relating to yourself, please contact us in the first instance and we are sure that we will be able to resolve your complaint immediately and to your satisfaction. In the unlikely event that we are unable to do so, you can contact the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) to complain – contact details can be found at https://ico.org.uk/. The ICO will then contact Cosy Owl and recommend a course of action to suitably address your complaint. For further information, please contact our data controller, Andrew Sandringham, +44(0)1376 560348 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being the data subject, you have the following rights according to:
- art. 15 GDPR, the right to obtain information about your personal data which we process, within the scope described therein;
- art. 16 GDPR, the right to immediately demand rectifiction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- art. 17 GDPR, the right to request erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless further processing is required;
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with legal obligation;
- for reasons of public interest or
- for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
- art. 18 GDPR, the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data, insofar as
- the accuracy of the data is contested by you;
- the processing is unlawful, but you refuse their erasure;
- we no longer need the data, but you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or
- you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with art. 21 GDPR;
- art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive your personal data that you have provided top us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another controller;
- art. 77 GDPR, the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your habitual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquaters.
Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. For this reason we use the latest SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Cosy Owl cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your ‘transmission’ (information provided to us), we make all possible efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Age Related Access
This Site is neither directed nor targeted to persons under the age of 18.
Cookies are pieces of information transferred from a website and stored on your computer/device for record keeping purposes. Cookies can tell us which parts of the Site you visit and how long you spend there, so enabling us to tailor the Site to the preferences of our existing and future customers. Some cookies are deleted after you close the browser session (session cookies), while other cookies are stored on your device and enable us to recognise you when you visit us again (persistent cookies). Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information. The following, are types of cookies that may be used on a website:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are essential to the operation of a website. They include cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of a website or use a shopping basket.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to a website and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way a website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to a website. This enables us to personalise content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to a website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information is used to make a website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. This information may also be shared with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|zenid||Strictly Necessary||Used to maintain items in the shopping basket and enable completion of a purchase||end of browser session|
|_ga||Performance||Used to distinguish users (Google Analytics)||2 years|
|_gid||Performance||Used to distinguish users (Google Analytics)||24 hours|
|_gat||Performance||Used to throttle request rate (Google Analytics)||1 min|
|__utma||Performance||Used to distinguish users (Google Analytics)||2 years|
|__utmb||Performance||Used to determine new sessions/visits (Google Analytics)||30 mins|
|__utmt||Performance||Used to throttle request rate (Google Analytics)||10 mins|
|__utmz||Performance||Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached the site (Google Analytics)||6 months|
|gwcc||Performance||Tracks any call conversions on mobile devices, for example, if a customer clicks a phone number (Google)||3 months|
|__zlcmid||Functionality||Live chat widget (ZopIM)||1 year|
Enabling/disabling cookies: Different browsers have different ways of allowing you to enable or delete cookies, or limit the kinds of cookies that can be placed on your computer. When choosing your browser (ie, Google Chrome or Safari), you may want to consider which best suits your privacy preferences. To check out the settings in a browser, use the ‘help’ tab or look under ‘tools’ for settings like ‘options’ or ‘privacy’. From there, you may be able to delete cookies, or control when they can be placed.
Links to Non-Affiliated Sites
Consent to Maintaining & Processing Personal Information
By using this Site, you unambiguously consent to the processing of your personal information associated with the purchasing of our goods in the United Kingdom, by Cosy Owl. A reminder on a previous point that customers can request details as to exactly what information may be stored and used by Cosy Owl and revoke consent to access and use this information at any time. Please note that any information associated with the payment for goods purchased by you from Cosy Owl is not maintained on our computer system or on any paper records. This information is only used at the point at which the sale takes place.
E-mail advertising if you subscribe to the newsletter. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will regularly send you our email newsletter based on your consent according to Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. a) GDPR, using the data required or discolsed by you seperately for this purpose. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter service at any time. For this purpose you can either send a message to the contact option specified above or use the opt-out link in the newsletter. Upon unsubscription, we will delete your email address unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data or we reserve the right to further use your personal data in the scrope and manner permitted by the lawm of which we inform you in this notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement, the general practices of Cosy Owl, or your interaction with the Site, please do not hesitate to contact us via email, telephoning or writing to us. We welcome any suggestions you may wish to make.
Your Acceptance of These Terms