This is a vegetable-derived, opaque, extruded soap base. Simply add chosen fragrance, colour and active ingredients, to achieve an excellent finished bar soap. Made with specific organic oils certified by USDA NOP or COSMOS and RSPO, this base also meets the requirements of the RSPO supply chain scheme.
- Moisturising properties and smooth skin feel as a result of high glycerin content
- Excellent cleansing properties with rich and creamy lather
- Exceptional processing characteristics
- These soap bars are less prone to damage due to high resistance against marking
- Certified RSPO – For the production of RSPO certified bars (if the bar making processor has the appropriate certification) and made with Organic Oils allowing for certification by USDA NOP or COSMOS
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate
USDA NOP Certification – 85.8% organic ingredients
COSMOS Certification – 74.92% Organic CPAI, 77.82% CPAI
How to make your soap bar:
1. Simply open the packaging, safely cut the soap base into smaller cubes – doing this will make the soap easier to handle and melt.
2. Gradually heat the soap base in a Double Boiler ensuring that the soap melts evenly and does not boil and burn. If you are melting in a microwave please be careful and keep an eye on the soap as it can bubble over the container – it is advisable to use the lowest power setting (not defrost).
3. Mix in any Essential Oils, Fragrances, Colours, Botanicals and/or Additives to achieve the aroma and colour preferred – simply add to the melted soap base and mix gently ensuring that any fragrance you have added is evenly distributed throughout the soap base.
4. Working quickly, pour your soap base into your soap mould. Any small bubbles that may form on the surface of the soap during setting can be smoothed with rubbing alcohol. While still pliable you can add dried botanicals to the surface of the soap, by gently pressing them into the top of the soap if you wish.
5. Once your soaps have set and fully hardened simply remove from the moulds. We recommend always wrapping your soap bars immediately after releasing from the moulds to protect and preserve the soap.
For more information on how to use this soap base, follow this link
Note: Cosy Owl will be providing the essential oils, dye, pigment, liquid and powder dyes and rubbing alcohol soon. It is important to note that you can’t use our Bekro Dyes in soap.
In addition, as the maximum percentage of Oil to Soap varies with each Fragrance Oil, we advise all customers to view the IFRA STANDARDS CONFORMITY CERTIFICATE. To locate this information:
Select the Fragrance Oil you wish to purchase from our listings
Select the ‘Data Sheets’ tab and click on the ‘See all Fragrance Data Sheets’ link
Locate and click on the name of the Fragrance Oil you are interested in using
Click on the IFRA link and then in the document, scroll down to IFRA Class 9A. The maximum percentage that can be used (anything below that figure is fine) is provided in the second column.
For more information or to print off these instructions, visit the website below.