This is our Vegetable based melt and pour soap base, used for the manufacture of opaque soap bars.
- Vegetable based
- Moisturising properties from a very high glycerine content which provides a pleasant skin feel
- Good foaming application
- Suitable for slicing or moulding
- With added Titanium Dioxide as an opacifier
- Superior colour stability even if kept at a high temperature for extended periods
- Neutral odour provides excellent fragrance lift
Aqua, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Stearate
How to make your soap bar:
1. Simply open the packaging, safely cut the soap base into smaller cubes – doing this will make the soap easier to handle and melt.
2. Gradually heat the soap base in a Double Boiler ensuring that the soap melts evenly and does not boil and burn. If you are melting in a microwave please be careful and keep an eye on the soap as it can bubble over the container – it is advisable to use the lowest power setting (not defrost).
3. Mix in any Essential Oils, Fragrances, Colours, Botanicals and/or Additives to achieve the aroma and colour preferred – simply add to the melted soap base and mix gently ensuring that any fragrance you have added is evenly distributed throughout the soap base.
4. Working quickly, pour your soap base into your soap mould. Any small bubbles that may form on the surface of the soap during setting can be smoothed with rubbing alcohol. While still pliable you can add dried botanicals to the surface of the soap, by gently pressing them into the top of the soap if you wish.
5. Once your soaps have set and fully hardened simply remove from the moulds. We recommend always wrapping your soap bars immediately after releasing from the moulds to protect and preserve the soap.
For more information on how to use this soap base, follow this link
Note: Cosy Owl will be providing the essential oils, dye, pigment, liquid and powder dyes and rubbing alcohol soon. It is important to note that you can’t use our Bekro Dyes in soap.
In addition, as the maximum percentage of Oil to Soap varies with each Fragrance Oil, we advise all customers to view the IFRA STANDARDS CONFORMITY CERTIFICATE. To locate this information:
Select the Fragrance Oil you wish to purchase from our listings
Select the ‘Data Sheets’ tab and click on the ‘See all Fragrance Data Sheets’ link
Locate and click on the name of the Fragrance Oil you are interested in using
Click on the IFRA link and then in the document, scroll down to IFRA Class 9A. The maximum percentage that can be used (anything below that figure is fine) is provided in the second column.